Saturday, January 14, 2012

I'll Show you mine...cuz you've already shown me yours

So...it's been awhile since I've posted.

Sorry...but I've been busy, I know you know what I'm talking about.  It is a little hectic right before the holiday break, and then you get this GLORIOUS vacation when you don't have to work...right?

No, that is when you have to work on your home, because that is what you neglect the other 9 months of the year.

OK...so I'm really excited to participate in the Clutter-Free Classroom's Clutter-free Classroom Project





I am a fairly new teacher, so I don't have a lot of "stuff".  This is both a blessing and an expensive hardship.  I also don't have my own children yet, so I still care that all my classroom things look nice and match.  I'm told that problem will be cured when I have my own children to worry about.  

Anyway...here is my clutter-FUL cabinets and cubbies. 

Closed...
I use the large doors for my word wall.  I had to expand it a little, however, and now the right is RLA, left is Math, and the two little cabinets to the right is Science and Social Studies.


and OPEN...
There is one shelf that is organized well...it has plastic shoe boxes with organized supplies...other than that, it is just a free for all of Dollar Tree and Target finds.  

Random Boxes, Bag of Class TShirts, and a lot of old teaching resources that "We still use".  
Paint and chemicals that I'm not really supposed to have...I mean you know how dangerous LYSOL is right!  and the health text books that "We Still Use"
This is probably the most used area in my classroom.  Bandaides and all types of bags on the left,
Glue Gun, Label Maker, Clothespins, various envelopes, and extension cord on the right.  

Sorry it is a little blurry...student cubbies are the bottom 2 rows.  We clean everything out of our desks every 2 weeks or so. This keeps us very clean and I have so many less bugs than everyone else... 

This is more student supplies, with my junk on top

The Command Center...i.e. My Poor Desk.  It is more organized than it looks.  


Student files on left, random daily files on right

top desk drawer


Ok...now I'm ready to go...I'm going to declutter and simplify my space.  I love it!  Join the Linky Party if you haven't yet and check out everyone else's clutter!


2 comments:

  1. Your before pictures look more like after pictures!! You seem very organized! I really love your blog and want to pass you an award. Please head over to my blog to accept it!
    http://circusoflearning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous of your storage....you already seem pretty organized! =)

    We have 0 storage! =(

    If you want some humor like your profile says, you can come read about the Potty Police! =)

    I am a new follower and would love for you to follow me back!


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete